Welcome to Pre-School
Moat Pre-school is in a light and airy classroom for our 2, 3 & 4 year old children.
We also have a large, safe and secure outdoor area. The Pre-school is the place where the valuable foundations of learning are established and where children are prepared for entry into Reception and full time schooling. The children take part in a range of activities which will be carefully planned to ensure that learning takes place through natural play and structured activities.
[accordion-item title=”Physical Development”]
• We will begin to put on our coats and aprons.
• We will start to put our shoes on and off when changing to slippers.
• We will explore healthy food at snack time.
• We will begin to use the toilet independently.
• We will explore our gross motor skills by taking steps, climbing and running in a space.
• We will begin to count our peers during the day.
• We will be exposed to numbers in the environment.
• We will use hand puppets and songs to explore number rhymes.
• In the sand and water tray we will look at space by filling and emptying containers.
• We will begin to recognise shapes in the environment.
• We will be using small world resources and the role play area to act out and imitate what we see at home.
• We will be learning the names of our friends in class and building relationships.
• We will begin to explore technology and how things work.
• We will take part in an Autumn walk to observe the world around us
• We will use mirrors to explore the features of our face and bodies and do portraits with paint and chalk and natural materials.
• We will learn songs and explore instruments.
• We will be imaginative in the role-play
• We will begin to explore books, holding them the right way up and turning pages.
• We will have lots of fun making marks by using pens, paint, crayons, foam and lots more.
• We will take part in circle times to learn about one another.
• We will blow bubbles and roll balls to our friends to learn their names.
• We will take part in relationship play.
• We will learn how to share and take turns when playing with others.
• We will play games.
• We will develop confidence when talking to others.
• We will learn about ours and others feeling’s.
• We will listen to environmental and animal noises to help us learn sounds around us.
• We will learn action words and gestures to support us with our understanding.
Our Pre-school provides a welcoming, safe and stimulating learning environment and we aim to foster links between Pre-school and home to optimise the educational opportunities and outcomes for all of our children.